How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15204
QuickBooks Error 15204
QuickBooks is the most downloaded accounting and management software. This is because of QuickBooks numerous valuable features like Tax Filing, W2 ’s, Creating Invoices and Reports, Payroll and everyday Organization. QuickBooks also releases regular updates to remove any bugs or errors and provide new features.
You can face certain errors like the QuickBooks Error 15204 because of improper download of the QuickBooks updates or incomplete installation. You do not have to worry if you are facing this error as QuickBooks motto is to provide the best User experience and Customer Support.
You can just call the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number to talk to one of our QuickBooks Experts and ask them to resolve the error for you.
You can also manually repair the error by following the solutions that we are providing in this article.
A single solution might resolve this error for you but if it does not, you can move on to the next solution.
Solution 1: Getting The Certificate For Digital Signature
- Navigate to the location C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks and right click on the file QBW32.exe.
- You can also manually search this file by using Windows search option.
- Verify that Intuit, Inc. is selected in the signature list by going into the Digital Signature tab.
- Go to Details > Digital Signature Details > View certificate and click on Install Certificate.
- Click on Finish and restart your computer.
- Retry to download the update.
Solution 2: Internet Explorer Settings Need To Be Verified
Date and Time
- Double-click on the time display in the taskbar.
- Verify that the date and time shown in the Date and time settings window are correct. Otherwise, change it accordingly.
- Also, verify that the time zone selected in Timezone tab is correct.
- Go to Tools > Internet Options.
- Click on the General Tba and click on Delete.
- Delete the Temporary files.
Note: Deleting Temporary Files will not harm your system or your QuickBooks in any way.
- Select Automatically Detect settings in the LAN settings tab.
- Verify that the proxy servers are empty unless you use one.
- Go to the Advanced tab and confirm that SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are selected.
- Also, confirm that TLS 1.2 is not selected in the same tab.
Solution 3: Configure Your Anti-virus/Anti-malware or Firewall
A few QuickBooks functions need a steady Internet feed to work smoothly. If your Firewall/Anti-virus or Anti-malware restricts the Internet access, you will have to face errors. Download the latest update for your firewall which might solve this problem. Otherwise, you will have to manually configure your Firewall.
Intuit recommends following the above solutions if you are facing the QuickBooks Error 15204. If none of the solutions resolved the error in your case or if you are facing some technical difficulty, you can opt to call the toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Phone Number at +1888-567-1159 and explain the situation to our Technical Department. They will not only answer all your questions but also resolve the issue as soon as they can and put you back in business.
How To Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15107
Are you facing the QuickBooks Error 15107 on your screen?
Do not worry, read this article to the very end to understand the error and also how to get rid of it. We are providing a step-by-step guide to solve this error but if you are in a rush you can opt to dial the QuickBooks Support Phone Number and our technical department will fix this error for you.
QuickBooks Error 15107 is Caused By:
- A recent QuickBooks Update was not completed or closed forcefully
- Damaged or corrupted registry files
Now, that we know what caused this error to pop-up on your screen. Let us talk about how to get rid of this error so that you can get back to work.
Solution 1: Restart Your Computer
Restart your computer and your QuickBooks. Sometimes due to a temporary glitch or a process failure this error pops-up on your screen. If restarting your computer doesn’t work for you then move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Run The reboot.bat File
- Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on Start.
- Type reboot.bat in the search field and hit Enter.
- A black window will open up on your screen which is called the DOS window or Command window.
- A number of file names will run on your screen, do not forcefully or manually close this window.
- Wait for the reboot.bat utility to close itself after it is done.
- Retry accessing your QuickBooks and if you still face the same error, move on to the next solution.
- If you have multiple installations of QuickBooks on your computer, you will also have multiple copies of the reboot.bat file. In this case, select and run the reboot.bat file which is associated with the QuickBooks in which you are facing the error.
Solution 3: Download The Update Again
- Exit your QuickBooks.
- Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks < version> \Components.
- Look for the folder by the name DownloadQBxx where xx is your version number of QuickBooks. E.g. DownloadQB17
- Rename the folder name as DownloadQBxx.OLD.
- Open your QuickBooks again.
- Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop > Update Now.
- Click on the Reset the updates check box to roll back the update.
- Download the latest update again by clicking on the Get Updates button.
- Wait for the download to get complete and when it is done, close and reopen your QuickBooks.
- Install the update by clicking on the install now button.
Troubleshoot Your Internet Explorer Settings, Firewall and Internet Security.
Do a clean install of QuickBooks.
If none of the solutions were able to get rid of the error or if you to get it done by a Professional, you can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Phone number at +1888-567-1159 to talk to one of our specialists. Our Technical Department will answer all your questions and also remove all the errors from your QuickBooks.
Set Up Health Insurance Deductions and Contributions
You can easily setup paycheck deductions to streamline the health insurance plan payments for your employees. You won’t have to look into payments once you set up the paycheck deductions.
Follow these steps to set up company contributions in the health insurance:
- Click on Employees.
- Select Employees name for whom you want to make a contribution, and then edit employee information.
- Go to Deduction/contribution and click on New Deduction/contribution in the drop-down menu.
- In the Deduction/Contribution drop-down menu, look for Health Insurance and click on that.
- You will be getting three options on your screen: Medical Insurance, Vision Insurance, and Dental Insurance.
- In the next step, you have to provide a label in the form of a name.
- Enter a description of the Health Insurance Plan.
- Choose an amount in Dollars or percentage of the gross pay for the amount per day.
- Choose an amount in Dollars or percentage of the gross pay for this employee. This amount can be changed when you create paychecks for the employee.
- Moreover, the user can set up a high cap for the annual amount of deduction an employee can choose and the company contributes.
Different Health Insurance Plans and Premiums
- Taxable insurance premium: Choose Taxable insurance premium if the premium amount should be deducted from the net pay of your employee’s. This type of employee contributions is not reported in the W-2 forms.
- Pre-tax insurance premium: This option should be selected if you wish that the premium amount should be deducted from the gross pay (before taxes) of the employee. You can check the employee pretax contributions on the W-2 form in the box 12. This won’t be included in State or Federal Wages.
Note: If the pretax contribution is taxable at local or state level, the amount will be included in taxable wages.
After you are done with selecting the appropriate option for the premium amount, click on the OK option.
You do not have to repeat the same process for each employee. Once you set up a deduction or contribution for one employee, it can be applied to all the other employees as well.
You can easily setup the contributions for the health insurance premiums by following the above-given steps. However, if you are facing any problem or have any question regarding QuickBooks you can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number at +1888-567-1159 and talk to one of our QuickBooks Experts.
How To Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058
What is QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 & How to fix it?
Usually, every QuickBooks Error has a distinct reason behind its inception. The case is not same for the QuickBooks Error PS058; it’s a generic error code. You will typically get this error when you are trying to download the latest payroll update. It might come due to a human error, machine error or a blend of both. It is quite bothersome to get an error on your screen when you are trying to get work done fast. If are looking for a faster way out, you can just dial the toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Number at +1888-567-1159 and ask one of our QuickBooks Specialists to solve the problem. However, we are providing a complete step by step guide to get rid of this error so that you can get back to work.
Solutions: Follow the order of solutions given, only move to the next solution if the current one doesn’t work for you.
Solution 1: Try To Download Payroll Update Again.
Solution 2: Try downloading the latest upgrade release from Intuit QuickBooks. You can read about that in downloading the latest QuickBooks release.
Solution 3: Manually download the latest software update online
- Download the patch file “qbwebpatch.exe” from http://www.quickbooks.com/support.
- If you do not have an active internet connection on the computer which has QuickBooks installed, go to a different computer which has an active internet connection and download this patch file.
- Move the downloaded file from this computer to the computer which has QuickBooks on it using a Flash Drive or CD.
- Install the patch file on your Desktop.
- Update the tax file from the CD/Flash Drive.
Solution 4: Check your Company file for any Errors
- Open “Product Information” window by pressing F2 or Ctrl+1 on your Keyboard while QuickBooks is open on your screen.
- Now, press F3 or Ctrl+2 in the Product Information window.
- Go to Tech Help window and click on “Open File” tab.
- Look for a file by the name “qbwin.log” and double click on it.
- Press the keys Ctrl+F on your Keyboard and a small window will open up on the top-right corner of your screen. Type “Error” in the field provided and hit enter.
- Look for all the statements that show up. Identify the numerical error code e.g. QuickBooks Error 15270 and search it on our website. We have a detailed step by step guide for solving every QuickBooks error.
Solution 5: If you have used RegCure or no error was found in the previous step, follow the steps given below.
- Close or Exit your QuickBooks.
- Open the Task Manager utility by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Search for the programs “qbupdate.exe” and “qbdagent2002.exe” in the list. Close both the programs if they are present by using “Close Program” tab.
- Press the Windows key on your Keyboard and type “reboot.bat” in the search window.
- If the file is found, double-click on it to run it.
- A DOS-type shell will open and will automatically close after its done.
- Restart your computer.
- Download the latest payroll update again.
Following the above solutions should have resolved the QuickBooks Error PS058. However, if the error is not resolved or if you are facing any technical difficulty, you can just dial the toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Number. One of the Specialists from the Technical Department will look into the problem and also solve it for you.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15240
What is QuickBooks Error 15240 & How to fix it?
QuickBooks is one of the most prominent Accounting software out there. Since its inception, QuickBooks has single-handedly changed the entire accounting industry with its industry-leading umpteen features and innumerable functional tools.
From time to time, QuickBooks releases new tools and upgrades according to the demand and new market trends. To utilize QuickBooks to its very limits, Users need to regularly upgrade their current QuickBooks to the latest version available.
Sometimes Users get errors on their computer screens when they are trying to update their QuickBooks to the latest version. QuickBooks Error 15240 is one of the errors because of which you would not be able to download and install the latest version released by Intuit. Below we are mentioning all the messages that might come up on your screen if you face the QuickBooks Error 15240.
“Error 15240: HRESULT XXXXX The Payroll Update Did Not Complete Successfully.”
“Error 15240: HRESULT XXXXX The QuickBooks Update Did Not Complete Successfully.”
“The error (qbupdate_error_package_install_FCS_file_nowritepermission) is returned by the File Copy Service (FCS)”
“Error 15240: The update did not complete successfully or the file specified cannot be opened”
“File Exists: The file specified cannot be opened. Ensure that it is not being used by any other program or application.”
You can try to solve this error on your own by following the solutions given in this article or you can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number at +1888-567-1159 and connect to one of our QuickBooks Experts. They will not only solve the error but also run a deep scan to dig out any hidden errors so that you can rest assured that your QuickBooks is safe and running.
- Close your QuickBooks if it is open on your screen.
- Go to the desktop and look for QuickBooks icon. Right-click on the icon and select “Run QuickBooks as an Administrator”. If the error still shows up on your screen move on to the next solution.
- Make sure that the SSL2 tab is checked in the Internet options. Restart your QuickBooks, if the error persists, move on to the next solution.
- Reinstall your QuickBooks with the help of Clean Install tool. All the files will be removed; this is a necessary step for making sure that the data causes no interference with a fresh installation of QuickBooks on your computer.
The solutions mentioned above should get rid of the QuickBooks Error 15420. However, if the error still persists or you face any technical difficulty, you can dial the QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Number +1888-567-1159 without hesitation. Our QuickBooks Experts are at your service 24×7.
QuickBooks Payroll Error 61103 – Cannot Change Direct Deposit Pin
QuickBooks has earned the confidence of its customers by providing top of the line features and regular updates. QuickBooks comes pre-packed with innumerable features that will not only streamline all the mundane tasks but also automate them to reduce manual errors. One of the most sought-after features of QuickBooks is Direct Deposits. One can use Direct Deposit to pay their employees. The net payroll amount would automatically be deposited into your Employees’ account once the direct deposit is set up.
Sometimes our users have to face some errors like the QuickBooks Error 61103. This error will show up on your screen when you will try to make a change in the Direct Deposit Pin without setting up the admin account and password for your QuickBooks or you have forgotten the PIN for Direct Deposit.
Now, let’s talk about the solution. The solution for the QuickBooks Error 61103 comes in two parts.
First part: Setting up Admin account for your QuickBooks
- Choose a User to be the Administrator. Keep in mind that only he/she will have the complete access to your QuickBooks. Administrators are the primary controllers of QuickBooks and they can set up the access levels for other users.
- Open your QuickBooks>Company’s menu bar and then click on “Set Up Users Tab”.
- A user list will come up on your screen. Click on “Admin Field” and then “Edit User Option”.
- Type the admin name and password in the indicated fields and select “Confirm Password”.
- Click on “Next” and then “Finish”.
Part two: Changing PIN for Direct Deposit
- Open your QuickBooks and log in as the Admin.
- Go to Toolbar Menu>Employees Tab> Send Payroll Data.
- Click on send Payroll data and then go to Payroll Service Pin.
- Click on “Forgot your Pin” button.
- Type in the new PIN and click on “submit” tab.
Note: Remember this PIN so that you don’t have to go through the same procedure again.
In case you need any help with changing the PIN or any other technical problem, give us a call. Connect with our QuickBooks Technical Support Team by dialing the QuickBooks Payroll Support Number +1888-567-1159 and they will provide you a solution so that you can get back to work.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS032
Are you getting the QuickBooks Error PS032 while installing Tax table update?
You will be getting the following message or similar on your screen “QuickBooks is having trouble installing payroll tax table update”.
Are you wondering what went wrong and how to solve the error PS032 on your own? Read this article to the very end to understand the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS032 and also the solutions for this particular error.
What QuickBooks Error PS032 Error Indicates:
- Your QuickBooks Company file has been damaged.
- The billing information that you have entered is incorrect or outdated.
- Your QuickBooks Software has not been registered.
- Any file in the Components/Payroll folder is damaged or invalid.
Now that you know what this error indicates,let’s discuss the possible solutions as well. If you do not want to go through the steps or if you are looking for a faster alternative solution, you can dial the QuickBooks Payroll Support Number at +1888-567-1159 and talk to the Technical Team of QuickBooks who will assist you.
- Ensure that the QuickBooks Desktop that you are trying to use is registered.
- Ensure that your QuickBooks Desktop is updated to the latest update available. See Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release (SF)for updating your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Verify that the Billing information that you have provided is up to date and correct. Instructions for updating your information see “View and update QuickBooks Payroll service account information”.
- Repair your QuickBooks Desktop Software. (Ensure that you do not update the Data File).
- Turn off the User Account Control (UAC) and try updating the application with the UAC disabled if you are using Windows Vista, 7 or 8.
See How to Use User Account Control
- Keep your QuickBooks Desktop License number handy. You will need that in the next few steps.
Open your QuickBooks and press F2 on the home screen. Write down the License Number.
- See to it that you have only one version of QuickBooks Desktop installed. If you have only one version of QuickBooks installed “Perform a clean install of QuickBooks in Selective Startup”.
- If you have more than one QuickBooks version installed on your system, remove the additional installations and Reset your QuickBooks update.
- Download the latest payroll tax tables.
- Re-sort lists, then open the Verify Data/Rebuild Dataprocess but only rebuild the data if necessary.
- Perform a clean uninstall/reinstall in Selective Startup.
QuickBooks Payroll Error 61102
QuickBooks has become a vital component of every successful organization. Thanks to its regular updates and innumerable features that make every accountant’s life easy.
You can focus more on your business and need not worry about accounts as QuickBooks is capable of handling Payroll, Tax filing, Daily calculations etc. and the need of manually entering data is no longer a pain.
QuickBooks not only stores your Payroll data efficiently but also provides security for your data. You can set up passwords and pin so that only the authorized person can access the Payroll data. If somebody who doesn’t know the pin tries to forward your Payroll data to Intuit, he will be facing the QuickBooks Error 61102. This can also happen if someone forgets his/her pin and enters a wrong pin. That’s why Intuit recommends its Users to always keep their Pin safe and handy.
If you are facing this Error, you will have to reset your Pin and Password for your QuickBooks Payroll so that you can continue working on your QuickBooks Payroll.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 61102
- Open your Admin section of QuickBooks and Log in.
- Select Employee>Send Payroll Data
- Click on the “Send” button.
- You will be able to see “Forget Password”, click on that.
- You will get a prompt which will ask you to enter your admin password.
- Enter your admin password and click on “Okay”.
- Enter your Pin in the space provided.
- Click on the submit button.
After you are done with the steps given above, a new Pin will be generated.
If you are facing any problem with the steps you can dial the QuickBooks Payroll Phone Number on +1888-567-1159 and a QuickBooks Expert will be on the line to assist you.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS036
Is this message popping up on your screen “PS036: There is a problem verifying your payroll subscription?”
Are you facing the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS036 while trying to upload the Payroll to the latest Tax table?
There could be multiple reasons for this error to be shown on your QuickBooks. We will be mentioning all the possible reasons for this error and also the detailed step by step procedure to solve this error.
Reasons For Which This Error Comes On Your Screen
- Your Payroll subscription is not active.
- You have more than one Payroll agreement that is active and an indirect Direct Deposit agreement.
- You have some Data damage.
- Your product is not updated to the latest update available.
- You are entering an incorrect Service key.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop file is damaged. The name of the file is “paysub.ini”.
- The PSID that you entered in the company file is incorrect.
- The Employer Identification Number (EIN) provided in QuickBooks by you is not valid.
- Your operating system is not supporting the version of QuickBooks Desktop you have.
Solution 1: Verify your Payroll Subscription
- Make sure that the version of QuickBooks that you are using is the latest QuickBooks Desktop release and tax table release.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Account Maintenance, and then close the page.
- Shut down your computer and restart it.
- Open your browser and download the Payroll Update again.
- You have to reset QuickBooks Desktop Update.
If these steps didn’t solve your problem, go to solution 2.
Note: Do not follow the steps given below if you are using Direct Deposit for the company file that is facing this error. Contact us by dialing the QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Number at +1888-567-1159.
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Search for files with the name “paysub.ini”.
- Rename paysub.ini, repeat this step for all the files found.
- Check if the Payroll service is shown active in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Account Maintenance.
- Close the page.
If none of the steps have worked for you, just dial the QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Phone Number or you will have to perform a clean install of QuickBooks in Selective Startup.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12002
Were you seeking to update your QuickBooks Payroll or any other Payroll service and got the Error 12002?
Do not fret and read this article to the very end to understand the cause of this error and also how to solve it.
You can try to solve it by yourself by following the below give steps or you could just dial the QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159 and our technical experts team will guide you through the process.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error 12002
- Network time-out
- Antivirus or Firewall interfering with the internet connection
- SSL settings not appropriate
- Link/component Damaged
How to get rid of QuickBooks Error 12002?
- Make sure that Internet Explorer is set as default Explorer or just follow the steps given below to make Internet Explorer your default explorer.
- Go to your home screen by closing all programs.
- Go to Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to Tools Option.
- Look for Security > Global Icon > Set it to medium high
- Enable Content Advisor by going in Content Tab.
- Connection Tab > set it to “Never Dial a connection”
- LAN connection > Automatically Detect settings
- Choose “use a Proxy Server”
- Open Advanced Tab and then go to Restore Advanced Settings
- Select TLS 1.0
- Unmark TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2
- Restart your system.
- Re-open your QuickBooks and try to update the Payroll once again.
If you still encountering problems while updating your QuickBooks Payroll or any of the Payroll functions follow these steps.
- Restart your computer and run it in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Update the Parental Control Applications of your Firewall and Antivirus.
- Re-install your QuickBooks while keeping it in Single-User mode.
- Try updating your QuickBooks Payroll if it not updated.
If you followed the above-given steps you QuickBooks Payroll should have been updated but if it is not you can contact the QuickBooks Technical Team on the QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Number on 1888-567-1159 at any time of the day. Our QuickBooks Experts have years of experience with dealing such problems.