Find out the best ways to get rid of your QuickBooks issues related to opening the QuickBooks applications or particular QB file. You are on the right platform; your issue will be solved in no time so that you can back to your business as early as possible.
Before you Start Troubleshooting
- Before you start resolving your QuickBooks company file, just verify that the issue is related to company file only not with the QuickBooks application. You should have the latest release of QuickBooks update.
- Double click on QuickBooks Desktop icon but hold CTRL key together from the keyboard. Note: Do not leave the Ctrl key until you see No Company Open window in front of you.
- If nothing happened then you can read the steps, discussed in QuickBooks Desktop does not start to resolve this issue.
- When your program opens, go to the next point mentioned below.
- Check, that your company file is not shared with any computer if shared then turn off the hosting in other computers.
- Go to the File menu, choose Utilities.
- Choose Stop hosting multi-user access, Quick tip: Hosting is currently turned off on your computer if you see anything other than Stop hosting multi-user access.
- After turning off the hosting you can go ahead.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop application should not be corrupted. You can check by opening a sample company file and if you face an error, troubleshoot it.
Follow the below steps if the above solution is not working for you.
Solution 1: Open the QuickBooks Company file directly from QuickBooks Desktop
If you have the issue in one company file not in the QuickBooks program then try to move that company file on windows desktop and check the permissions in settings.
- Navigate to the File menu, choose Open a restore company.
- Choose the suitable radio button for the file that you are opening.
- Locate the location of the file
- Choose the file and hit Open. Note: You will be asked to choose the location where you want to restore the file.
Solution 2: Prevent QuickBooks Desktop Windows from Automatically Opening
You will see so many windows opened, you can close them and choose the one you want.
- Through the No Company Open window, choose the company file
- Hold the ALT key and hit Open
Note: If you see the login dialogue box then type your password, Hold the ALT key and hit ‘OK’. You have to hold the ALT key continuously until the company file fully opens and an error dialogue box has appeared.
If the error message is not appeared then proceed with the below steps:
- Through the Edit menu, hit preferences.
- Hit Desktop View and choose Don’t save the Desktop
- Hit OK
Solution 3: Rename the .TLG and .ND Extension on your QuickBooks Company Files
In case the TLG and ND files got damaged, then you can try to rename it to the old. This will help you in opening the company file.
- Find the folder where you saved your QuickBooks company file.
- Rename both the files with adding OLD in front
- Now you can open the company file, you will see that QuickBooks has created a new .TLG and .ND files automatically.
- Never delete .TLG files because you can use it to recover your lost data
- If you want to avoid the same error in the future then copy the transaction log file with the company file while transferring data from one system to another.
Solution 4: Copy the QuickBooks Company File to a New Location
If you have saved the company file to a network drive then move it from there and save it to the local drive of your current working system. You can also use the tool QuickBooks File Doctor in order to troubleshoot this problem
- Make a new folder in C: drive.
- Find the folder where company file is saved
- Hold the CTRL key from your keyboard and choose the company file(.qbw) and the .TLG of your company file
- Copy both the files
- Paste in the new folder which you have created just now.
Solution 5: Check the Properties and File Extension
- Find the folder where you have saved your company file.
- Open the properties by using the right click from the mouse
- Verify the type of file should be QuickBooks company file and should be at least 7mb in size.
- Hit Advanced and uncheck the boxes of Compress and Encrypt.
- Hit ‘OK’
It is possible that file has the wrong extension. Then you can check file extensions used in QuickBooks Desktop for more information.
Solution 6: Rename the QuickBooks Company File
- Find the folder where company file is saved
- Rename it
- Change the file name by using only 3 letters and make sure not to change the original file extensions.
- If you see .TLG available then rename it also.
Solution 7: Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Desktop Program Installation
Try to move your QuickBooks company files to different computer, if you are able to access your QuickBooks company file in the new computer then there is definitely something wrong in the first computer.
Try these steps given below to open a company file. Try first and check for the company file, if the first option failed then proceeds with the next.
- Run the QBInstall tool
- Repair the QuickBooks installation
- Reinstall using a clean install.
Technical Support for fixing Company files
The solutions which are discussed above are tested and absolutely they will work for you and fix your company file issue but sometimes a user face problems in using the advanced tools or transferring the files or renaming the files, in that case, it is recommended to take the help from certified technicians available at QuickBooks Technical Support Number. They will listen to your problem and fix your QuickBooks issue instantly. You just need to pick up your cell phone and Dial a direct line toll-free number which is 1888-567-1159. Call us to make your QuickBooks Error free.