Every QuickBooks user must know that now QuickBooks 2016 versions are expired and they need to upgrade their software to the latest edition. And in this update process, a user may face errors which are related to QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll Update errors. One of the update errors we will talk about today is QuickBooks Error 15102. There are many update errors which we will discuss later; you can check our website on regular basis to get the solutions of all critical errors which came under the category of Update errors.
Note: If you have not upgrade your QuickBooks software yet then you can connect with QuickBooks Upgrade Support 2019 and get your latest edition.
In this article, we will guide you on how to fix QuickBooks Error 15102 in simple ways. It is advised by our QuickBooks Support team to read this full article carefully and get your error fixed by your own. It is necessary to know the causes of every error code first instead of jumping to the direct solutions. So let’s talk about the reason why this error code came up on your screen while updating the software.
The error message which appears on your screen is:
Error 15102: Failed to reset update
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 15102
- Download location is set to the invalid path and you must turn off the shared download
- If your QuickBooks Desktop is set to the Multi-user mode. Multi-user mode results in QuickBooks Error 15102
- If a user is not logged in as Administrator
You will see QuickBooks Error 15102 on your screen if you are not following any of the above steps. So, identify the cause and proceed to the solutions to get it fixed by your own.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error 15102
- Change the mode from Multi-user to single-user in your QuickBooks Desktop
- Your mapped file location should be set to a valid path. Below are the steps showing to set the location
- Open product information and look for mapped location path: for example: [x]:\[folder name]\[data file name] and note down on the sheet of paper
- Click on Help and select Update QuickBooks
- Go to the Options tab and Check the path in the Download location. It should be the same
- If the shared download is enabled then the drive in the download location should be the same as in the Product information window
- If the shared download is unable then Directory in the download location should be same as in the QuickBooks Desktop installation directory
- Shared download may set to “Yes”, change it to the “No” and vice-versa
- Save all the settings and close that window
- Now, try to download the latest tax table again
- Remap the Drive (If the download location is correct)
- Shut down your QuickBooks company file
- Now you have to remap the drive to the new letter
- Using the new settings, run your QuickBooks company file
- Go the help > Update QuickBooks > Options
- Set shared download to off
- Cross check the download location
- Click on save
- Now try to download the latest tax table again
- Logged in as Administrator
- You should select the Run as Administrator from the Desktop
- Choose ‘Yes/continue’ if you see the User Account Control (UAC) prompt
- The last step is to reset the QuickBooks Update
Reach Us At 1888-567-1159
You need to follow the above steps very carefully if you are trying to troubleshoot your QuickBooks Error 15102 by your own. You can also call our QuickBooks Payroll Support Number 188-567-1159 if you are facing any type of difficulties in the update process. Our technical support team is available 24×7, you just need to dial our toll-free number 1888-567-1159.
If you have any question related to QuickBooks then you can drop your Query at QuickBooks Chat Support. We are happy to serve you better and we will arrange a call back for you from our certified technician.